Sunday 20 January 2013

Cookies for Santa

I had seen a post on pinterest that was about "painting" sugar cookies so I decided to try this technique when me the girls were making cookies for Santa on Christmas Eve.  I was very impressed with the results.  Here is the info if you want to try it too... http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/12/my_favorite_christmas_cookies_from_childhood_and_beyond/

First cut out your cookie dough and place them on the cookie sheet.

Mix just the yolk of an egg with food coloring and use a new paintbrush to paint it on.

Eva was loving it.

The art-ists hard at work.

Eva's finished products (with a little help from mom).

Emmy's cookies.  The "paint" is shiny and smooth and looks awesome.

Putting them out.


Emmy pouring milk for Santa and Eva wanting to cut up the reindeers' apple.
My two cuties on Christmas Eve 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment