Monday 8 October 2012

Emmy's First Day of School


It was a day of mixed emotions for me.  Excitment for Emmy because I knew that she was looking forward to going to school.  Nervousness because I knew as soon as she got on that bus I no longer had control over the next 7 hours of her life on that day and for many days to come.  Saddness because a chapter in our family life was coming to an end.  Happiness because I knew that Emmy was going to love school - she is always so eager to learn new things and meet new friends.  Taking all these photos of the morning was a good way to distract myself from all those emotions and so I was able to hold back my tears until after the bus had gone and I was back in my own house.  I knew she would be completely fine but by about 9am I already wanted to call the school just to see how she was.  I thought about her a lot that day and wondered what she was doing.  When she got home she was very excited to tell us all about her day which was nice.  The thing that she most wanted to tell me was that I shouldn't send her to school in sandals anymore because then she can't play on the play structure when she goes outside, she wasn't too impressed!  Oh and then there was the note on her granola bar wrapper to say that I need to be sending only " peanut-free" granola bars to school.  I guess Emmy is not the only one that will be learning as a result of this school thing...lol.  :)

6:59...one minute until the alarm goes off...

Hitting the snooze button...lol

Emmy wanted to take some pics...so here is me making French Toast for breakfast

The girls enjoying their breakfast

Putting her lunch bag into her backpack

All ready to go!

Getting a pep talk from dad while waiting for the bus

Aawwwww!....

There she goes...all smiles..

And she is all smiles when she gets back home too!

Emmy getting a big hug from dad.  Michelle and Max, our neighbours were out there to greet when she came home too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment